Fake to live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm going to be switching from fake to live I have a few new plants I'm going to be putting in today....
1) is it ok to leave some of the fakes until the plants get bigger
2) should I take out the fish in this process
3) do plants have to be acclimated
4) anything that I forgot lol

1- yes
2-no
3-varies from person to person... not completely necessary but some people float them in a bag first
4-im sure you'll have more questions as you get going

mfdrookie516 said:
1- yes
2-no
3-varies from person to person... not completely necessary but some people float them in a bag first
4-im sure you'll have more questions as you get going

Lol thanks

Just be sure your friendly neighbourhood pet store doesn't try to sell you a semi-aquatic plant. They'll be fine in your tank for a few months, but then die and spike the ammonia levels in your tank. Do your research before impulse buying pretty plants, I made that mistake once!

Just be sure your friendly neighbourhood pet store doesn't try to sell you a semi-aquatic plant. They'll be fine in your tank for a few months, but then die and spike the ammonia levels in your tank. Do your research before impulse buying pretty plants, I made that mistake once!

I just realized I have wasted a ton of $$ on non-aquatic plants from my petco. I never researched anything about plants...just bought what I could find and stuck in it. OOPS! :evil:

Plants are just like fish in that they should be thoroughly researched so the requirements are understood before purchasing... not after. It is easy to not do that, as after all, plants don't suffer like a fish would (although Plants Are People Too...). However, by avoiding the impulse buys, and researching first, you an save yourself a lot of frustration and $$.

I went from fake to live plants myself. Only had two fakes in my tank before I went to live but it was a non-issue. Like siva, I bought myself a false aquatic, which will rot in the tank and foul your water... So I took it out when I realized my mistake and it's now doing well on my mother's windowsill.

PlantGeek.net - Your Aquatic Plant Resource will give you tons of great information regarding plants, true/false aquatics, care, lighting needs, growth and development. I think you'll find it a lot easier to do your plant research this way...

Back
Top Bottom