Falco Hawkfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

packagerat

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone have any experience with a Falco Hawkfish ? I was considering adding this to my 72 gal. bowfront. Currently I have 2- False Perculas, And 2 Skunk Cleaner shrimp.

Cirrhitichthys falco is a beautiful hawkfish and remains fairly small at 3", but I would still consider it a toss up with any shrimp. Just because he cannot eat a large shrimp doesn't mean it won't try. For the most part they are unaggressive unless sharing territories with other hawks'.

Thanks for the replys ! I got the little guy for free and he looks really cool. The person who had him was shutting down there tank for a year while going off to school so I had asked the lfs and they said he whould be ok with anything bigger them him. So after I get him I do some searching and came across some posts where the falco had eaten there cleaner shrimp and 2 perculas.

Yes, and I diagree with "ok with CBS, skunk, blood shrimp."

It is impossible to say this first of all as all fish are different and I think most would kill the above 3.

Innovator said:
. Just because he cannot eat a large shrimp doesn't mean it won't try.

I agree with James on this. Hawkfish are notorious for shrimp hunting. Keep a close eye out as you are taking a gamble. I had a chance to get one but didnt want to take the gamble. JMO

Back
Top Bottom