fancy goldfish with fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlockwood

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Info. 150g tank, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5.0 nitrates, pH 7.4, cycled 5 weeks, running matrix, purigen, de-nitrate, added salt as recommended 5g/1tbs, natural plant roots to help with nitrates, 3 corys, 2 small fish (not sure lol), 3 goldfish between 3 and 5 inches long. My largest fancy girl has fin rot which I attribute to higher ammonia during cycle. She also has a bump on her head which has been there for 2 years. I am currently treating with Melafix. Should I try doing both Pimafix and Melafix? Its a big tank so I don't want to use 15 pouches of other meds. I also have some Metroplex. Try that maybe? Should I dip her in Methelene Blue?

Attachments

• Sunny D 3.jpg
    Sunny D 3.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Sunny D 2.jpg
    Sunny D 2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 43
  • Sunny D 1.jpg
    Sunny D 1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Info. 150g tank, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5.0 nitrates, pH 7.4, cycled 5 weeks, running matrix, purigen, de-nitrate, added salt as recommended 5g/1tbs, natural plant roots to help with nitrates, 3 corys, 2 small fish (not sure lol), 3 goldfish between 3 and 5 inches long. My largest fancy girl has fin rot which I attribute to higher ammonia during cycle. She also has a bump on her head which has been there for 2 years. I am currently treating with Melafix. Should I try doing both Pimafix and Melafix? Its a big tank so I don't want to use 15 pouches of other meds. I also have some Metroplex. Try that maybe? Should I dip her in Methelene Blue?
The two smaller fish you have are schooling fish so either get more from where you got them or find them a better suited home also your nitrates are pretty high and you need alot more live plants corydoras prefer larger groups like 5-8 so also think about that

Back
Top Bottom