Fastest way to cycle a SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jodirt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
whats the fastest way to cycle a brand new tank and when can you add in llivestock?

There is no short cut or magic potion that will effectively cycle your tank. The fastest way is probably using lots of cured live rock. You add livestock when you show 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite.

I agree... Do you have access to cured LR and possibly sand from an established tank?

The best advice I ever received here is that "Nothing good ever happens fast in a salt water tank"!

As has been said though, the fastest way is to use lots of fully cured LR and LS. Then add livestock slowly, e.g 1 - 2 fish per month.

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
If you are looking for fast results you may be in the srong hobby. However, you can greatly reduce your cycle time by using 1.5-2lbs/gal of CURED LR and established substrate. I would not waste any money on products that claim to cycle your tank overnight.

Considering the hundreds of dollars I have spent on "loss". I agree with the above. Fast and Saltwater should not be put together.

Back
Top Bottom