fat cat (oto)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigbanker

Aquarium Advice Addict
Two of my Otos are crazy bloated.... my numbers are 0/0/15. Anyone have any ideas why two of the five are this bloated?

ForumRunner_20120712_185011.jpg

Everyone is swimming and eating like normal

Hm! I can't seem to find any pics of ottos with eggs. I also haven't seen any eggs sticking to leaves

He/she seems to be getting bigger to me! Can't find anything on breeding or sicknesses. I'm at a loss

Bubbles0oO said:
I would try feeding her peas. I hear that can help with bloating.

Yes that is true. Just remember to cook the peas and shell them. I never saw my oto full with eggs so I can't help you there. How many other otos do you have?

Yes that is true. Just remember to cook the peas and shell them. I never saw my oto full with eggs so I can't help you there. How many other otos do you have?

I've got four others... Five including this one here. I was able to catch and isolate so hopefully the pea will help and we will go from there.

Definitely not eggs!!! The belly is incredibly red in one spot and splotchy in the other. It has gotten so big that he can't adhere to the glass. Poor guy! Not too sure what kind of parasite this may be

So the oto died last night.... when I took it out it smelled horrendous.

It honestly looked like his stomach exploded. Gross. Therefore I'd say he had some sort of internal parasite that killed him.

I have not seen any signs in the remaining otos

bigbanker said:
So the oto died last night.... when I took it out it smelled horrendous.

It honestly looked like his stomach exploded. Gross. Therefore I'd say he had some sort of internal parasite that killed him.

I have not seen any signs in the remaining otos

Aww so sorry to hear that! I am thinking of buying two more to add to my school.

Back
Top Bottom