Fat Cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alba Cory

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi basically I have a shoal of 4 Venezuela Cory cats and one of them who I'm guessing is female is very large under her belly. She has been this way for the last week and have yet to see her release any eggs, does anyone know if its normal for corys to hold onto the eggs for a while? I done a water change and fed bloodworms to try encourage it and not seen any change yet. Any ideas?

Hi basically I have a shoal of 4 Venezuela Cory cats and one of them who I'm guessing is female is very large under her belly. She has been this way for the last week and have yet to see her release any eggs, does anyone know if its normal for corys to hold onto the eggs for a while? I done a water change and fed bloodworms to try encourage it and not seen any change yet. Any ideas?

Could be bloat??? In which case you need to feed bloodworms they will flush her through but if you have in the last couple days and she hasn't changed then could be eggs.

Could be bloat??? In which case you need to feed bloodworms they will flush her through but if you have in the last couple days and she hasn't changed then could be eggs.

Thanks for the reply, if it was bloat shouldn't I have noticed any behavioural changes? Haven't seen anything unusual yet but I will keep an eye on her.

Thanks for the reply, if it was bloat shouldn't I have noticed any behavioural changes? Haven't seen anything unusual yet but I will keep an eye on her.

Not always some fish just seem to deal with it well. Have you fed bloodworms since she's been like it??? If not try that and make sure she gets some if there's no change in a couple days it's eggs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom