Fat Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ikaika

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I have three cold water fish, Oranda, Ryukin goldfish, Black moor, in a twenty to thirty gallon tank. I feed the Black moor, Mahdi, gold fish pellets by hand because he/she is partially blind. The other two, Malbrick and Birdberry, I feed flakes. All three get peas from time to time. I feed them twice a day, morning and evening, but Malbrick and Birdberry are getting fat. I'm not too sure what's going on. Should I cut back on their feeding time to once a day?

Could they maybe be pregnant? Idk you didn't mention if they're male or female.

Could you show us a picture? That would help us to better understand what is happening

Also I would recommend feeding only sinking foods to goldfish, preferably soft

Thank you for replying.

Cindy 64, I'm not to sure which are female/male. But they are still pretty young so I don't think they are pregnant. I've looked online on how to determine which is which, but I haven't found any solid advice.

EOGoldfish, I soak the pellets before feeding them to Mahdi, the black moor, he is the only one who eats that type. I feed the other two by taking a pinch of flakes and sticking it in the water. I feed my fish by hand. I'll try to get a picture.

I don't know much about goldfish. I looked on-line. On the wikihow site it talks about females getting rounder & fatter as their breeding cycle starts. It also has some ways of telling between males/females. It does say they can breed at 1 yr. which is when they're about 3". I don't know if that helps any.

Thank you for replying.

I soak the pellets before feeding them to Mahdi, the black moor, he is the only one who eats that type. I feed the other two by taking a pinch of flakes and sticking it in the water. I feed my fish by hand. I'm not sure if I can get a picture. But I'll try. One is a male oranda the other is a female ryukin (or something like that).

Might have better luck posting this in the coldwater section. What are your levels for ammonia etc?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom