favorite fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Large Angels by far,,should be getting an Annularis soon:)
,and this one is my dream one(which i'll probably never own:rolleyes:)

Attachments

• 3_06_56_big.jpg
    3_06_56_big.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 126
Patrick93 said:
Yeah it's a nice fish I'm actually gonna be getting one soon :D do u have one? if yeah how old was ur tank when you put it in

My favorite fish as well, that why I am never buying another one. I have a big reef that is very old with many pods. In 20 years I have still killed three of the green mandarins, the longest one survived was 6 months. I feel like I am killing puppies. Enough is enough with that fish.

huma-huma said:
Black Volitan Lionfish hands down....such a gorgeous fish

I agree, hence my profile picture (although mine is red). The excellent thing about them is that they are a pest in the Caribbean as a result of our hobby. The least we can do is reduce the population by putting them back into fish tanks. Nobody should ever feel bad about a captive lion fish, it's like collecting ants, there are plenty of them to go around.

My Pink spotted goby is my favorite. He`s 8 yrs old and was the baby of the tank. Hurricane Irene caused my older fish to die.

042.jpg

melosu58 said:
My Pink spotted goby is my favorite. He`s 8 yrs old and was the baby of the tank. Hurricane Irene caused my older fish to die.

Great picture! Cool fish also!

FTMMWS said:
Large Angels by far,,should be getting an Annularis soon:)
,and this one is my dream one(which i'll probably never own:rolleyes:)

That's awesome how big of a tank would that need lol

ShadoeFox said:
My wife wants one of those guys so bad, too!

There one of my favorite you gotta be careful tho cause if they get stressed out they will release a toxin that will kill all the fish and himself so I built the whole tank around him being the center piece

Gregcoyote said:
I agree, hence my profile picture (although mine is red). The excellent thing about them is that they are a pest in the Caribbean as a result of our hobby. The least we can do is reduce the population by putting them back into fish tanks. Nobody should ever feel bad about a captive lion fish, it's like collecting ants, there are plenty of them to go around.
Are they a pest cause they damage anything or having a negative effect on the reefs ?

Patrick93 said:
Are they a pest cause they damage anything or having a negative effect on the reefs ?

There is nothing in the food chain that is stupid enough to try and eat them. And they will eat almost anything. Look how they are built, like a pirate ship flying the skull and crossbones. ;-)

Lol yeah I always wondered if there was anything that ate them

Gregcoyote said:

Wasn't it an aquarium that lost a few? And yeah they are horrible to the entire ecosystem. I think it's illegal to throw them back into the water if you catch one. There's also a beach where you can literally scoop up small lion fish. The guy at my petco told me about it lol

Patrick93 said:
There one of my favorite you gotta be careful tho cause if they get stressed out they will release a toxin that will kill all the fish and himself so I built the whole tank around him being the center piece

Gonna have to get details from ya some time. Heh

Back
Top Bottom