Favorite Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmpgop

Aquarium Advice Freak
So what are your favorite fish? (Sorry - I edited this to note that I just noticed there's another thread like this - I hope you guys don't mind me asking too!)

I'm starting a 72 gallon bow front, semi-planted. Fluval FX5 so plenty of filter. I may get some driftwood/hardwood also.

I will be putting my pearl gourami and my marble angel in this 72 gallon tank.

I would love to know what your favorite fishes are? And would they do well with the gourami and the angel?

I would like for this tank to be for "larger" fish. 3" +... I plan to add the new fish first so they can establish themselves. I'm taking the Gourami and Angel out of my 36 gallon that I will be stocking with small schooling fish in the future.

So - what do you have and what do you like, and what would you suggest?

Thanks!

My favorite freshwater fish are discus, they get to be about 8inch plus when fully grown but most likely not do well with angelfish b/c angels can carry parasites that that could kill discus but the water they are kept in is almost identical

Mine are Guppy because there are so many colours and they have beautiful tails and they also have a big personalty. I have 4 Males which are lovely.

image-2993518363.jpg

Sorry It's a bit blurry taken with my iPod

Mine is koi angelfish and boesemani rainbows the rainbows will get four to six inches long and should be kept in schools of at least six. So a large school would work well for you

Thank you all for your feed back! @ calfishguy - I'm so excited to hear about this Boesemani Rainbow fish! They're lovely and the size is perfect.

I just looked in to them a bit. Do you think a school of them would be Okay with my Angel & my Gourami?

I don't want any more small fish in with these two. I love how beautiful they are but I don't really trust them with fish a whole lot smaller than they are!

@ Davies - do you male guppies get along fine? They would be beautiful in my 36 gallon that I'll be using for only small fish.

@ Mr. D. I too think the discus are lovely - I heard about that parasite thing. Regardless - my water is far too hard to try to keep them. :( Sigh........

Watching the variety of Guppy colours when they breed is amazing, I started off with a Guppy male that had leopard like spots, he eventually died and I decided to buy this bright orange male, when it was breeding with my grey/ice blue coloured female their babies wasn an awesome mixture of colours.

The 3 Dalmation Mollies Ive bread give my tank some amazing colour as well.

Yes boesemani rainbows will do fine with your set up you could a school of 8 just make sure that your water is very clean.

Check out Cockatoo Cichlids (appistogramma caca)
I have the "sunburst variety" the males are gorgeous and full of personality!
They would do very well with other amazon fish. They are dwarf cichlids so they dont get to big. You could get a pair and watch them raise fry. Its pretty unbelievable lol.
My opinion! Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom