Favorite Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharkMan

Aquarium Advice Activist
What's your favorite fish? personality, looks, and care level. I am starting a new 125 gallon FOWLR. I have a few fish on mind so far. I have been looking at the Blue Powder Tang, Blue Tang, Lemonpeel Angel, Flame Angel, Maroon Clown, Gold headed Sleeper Goby, Flame Hawkfish, and some kind of Eel (Either a Snowflake or Zebra Moray). This is my wish list. Am I pretty close to stocked? Thanks.

I really like the Yellow Tangs. I know they're really common, but they're affordable, hardy, great eaters, don't bother inverts or try to eat your other fish, and really like to eat lettuce. When I had my 125 setup a few years ago, that was my favorite fish, "Martin". Now that I'm setting up my new tank, I plan on getting another Yellow Tang early-on.

The Kole tang is really nice to. . .

Plus, we had a Dragon Wrasse for a short while, had to take him back cause he was a tad too aggresive. If I decided to setup an aggressive tank I would get another one of those. I might do that.

i like all my fish. I can't pick just one:(

Reasons why each is cool:

1. Yellow Tang = this guy is curious...he watches me from the corner of the tank when i'm in the next room over. Very smart little guy.

2. O. Clowns = they are fun to watch...awesome personalities. I'm lucky enough to have a pair that loves playing around in their anemone. It's just cool to watch.

3. Yellow Watchman Goby = he grabs snails/hermits with his mouth and drags them away from his den when they get too close. Cool fish to watch. I'm thinking a pistol shrimp would be cool for him.

4. Green Mandarin = this fish will hypnotise you. Seriously, the way they move and hunt is very interesting. Mine likes gracing the front of the aquarium at dusk.

5. Green Chromis = they're everywhere all the time. They will also do what appears to be blowing bubbles on the water surface. Very active fish.

Yellow stripe maroon clown. He tries to peek at me through the top of the water when I look over the lid and will follow me from one end of the tank to the other....

Thanks! They seem to have great personalities. My Blue Devil is kinda cool too, he "fights" w/one of my 3 stripes, he hides in a barnacle with his head out waiting for the 3 stripe to come by and wiggle his tail at the Blue Devil, who, in turn, turns a very dark blue (almost black) and chases him away. The 3 stripes also change colors on their foreheads...from black to grey, so they are kinda cool too....But I like puffers and Loinfish, but they won't work w/my current tankmates....I am thinking about a species only tank, a little while down the road....
Dang, I watch my fish too much! LOL!!!

i like my v. lionfish. he is the smallest one i have ever seen, but he usualy lays on the bottom untill i walk over to the tank then he swims right up and spreads out his fins exspecting to be fed. When i feen him he will sometimes swim upside down to get the food

I would like to get a Copper banded Butterfly. I think that fish is amazing. I will definitely work up to get this fish. I know it is fragile. But for now, I love my Blue Hippo Tang.

Wrasses in my opinion are awesome! The only down side is they love to hide in the sand, at least some do. They are some colorful and they come in any kind color so take your pick.

NO DAMSELS, they are evil and vicious and usually just a pain in the tail :)

But I love my GOBIES!!!! They are the bomb.. and there are so many varieties.. like damsels only better...

i like electric blue damsels and blue rim tangs. i have no idea about the fish or their personalities as i've got a small fw tank, but those are the 2 that always catch my eye in my local aquatic shop.

Back
Top Bottom