Favorite Tank Size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favorite Tank Size

• 1-5 gallons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-10 gallons

• 11-20 gallons

• 21-30 gallons

• 31-40 gallons

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 41-55 gallons

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 56-75 gallons

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 76+ gallons

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
I voted, but anything larger than what i have is my favorite. Since I currently have a 36 and my last tank years ago was a 55 I went up from that.

I've had lots of tank sizes but honestly, it depends on so many factors that my answer will vary by circumstances. Right now, the 65 is perfect where it is and the 6 will be a fantastic planted betta tank in another space. I'm already scouting the perfect space for a cichlid tank and I'd like at least a75 for that. So, what's the answer? "It depends!"

It depends on what fish but IMO a great all around starter tank everyone first getting in the hobby should get a 55 gallon. It's big enough for room for error and you have a lot of options In it.

I would say that a 40 breeder is much better than a 55 because you can keep larger fish in a 40B. If you think about it, a 10 inch fish would have a hard time turning around in a 55 because it is only 13 inches wide. My favorite is 40B, 75, 90 and 125 :)

Yah I was just thinking because lots of newbies start out with small community fish but yea the 40B does have a lot of turn around Space.

Yah I was just thinking because lots of newbies start out with small community fish but yea the 40B does have a lot of turn around Space.

Thats true, a lot of biginners wouldn't go with bigger fish, but a first time large fish owner may want to start on a 40B. 55s are a great size but IMO I think it's too thin :)

Back
Top Bottom