Favourite invert/ crustacean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropical boy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wondered what inverts where the favourite choice of the members and why. I have my fish but was thinking of getting some shrimps or any other invert.

Just wondered what inverts where the favourite choice of the members and why. I have my fish but was thinking of getting some shrimps or any other invert.

Personally I love the crystal red shrimp, I recently set up a breeding tank with tiger ottocinclus, and seeing the tiny little baby shrimp is really cool, and being able to get $5 a pop for the new ones cannot hurt either :D. They are the most beautiful of all the shrimp species in my opinion, and do a great job of keeping the tank clean to boot :) I have mainly A and S grade.

I also like electric blue crays, but unfortunately I have all my tanks set up with live plants, and the crays do some damage with them so I have never got to keep any, but I have heard they can develop a pretty comical personality.

Mine is the Amano shrimp, they are great little fellas. I have currently 5 in my 30 gallon and they are doing great, only come out at night though, or feeding time.

I've got an amano with a bunch of cherry shrimp in my 10gal and they're great at keeping the tank clean and are fun to watch, but as for inverts, Geosesarma crabs are claws down my all time favorite. :)
163695_493048764031_670114031_5988874_2505554_n.jpg

Will the inverts be for the 55 you have listed in your tanks?

You might have a hard time keeping inverts like shrimp alive with such aggressive tankmates.

The electric blue cray summit suggested are neat. I have one and but it is a serial killer of fish much larger than she is. Some aren't as mean I hear.

Amanos are neat like the all the above posters mentioned, and MIGHT hold up, but probably not.

I love CRS, RCS, and amanos. Amanos especially because they munch on algae like it is their job.

I agree with mudraker though. In a tank like yours all of these shrimp could become expensive tasty treats for the fish. Amanos are a little bigger and might hold up with a lot of cover, but not sure I would risk it at the price! :)

i dont have a single one. i have had so many different shrimp and snails they all have their place.

+1 for the blue crayfish i had one and it was very fun to watch but liked to try and e-cape all the time lol very pritty thoe. i have rcs and there fun to watch also

another +1 for blue crawfish, though all the crawfish I've had over the years have been wild caught and unfortunately not blue haha. Cute little guys, when they're not trying to decapitate your fish. ;)

I love my dwarf Mexican crawfish.
He is so tiny and lives with a bunch of neon tetras.

Sent from my iPhone

Attachments

• image-2402146671.jpg
    image-2402146671.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 114
Nobody suggested ghost shrimp! The cute little cleaners. They are cool looking and extremely cheap. Yet extremely effective...

I'd go with freshwater limpets (really neat to have, they don't do anything lol) or amano shrimp.

ghost shrimp are pretty awesome,but i still like crayfish(especially blues)more :king:

+1 to the dwarf cray..I have two CPO's in a community tank and they are just adorable little things. People are always surprised to see crays so small. I have an electric blue as well but he's in his own tank for sure. He's awesome though. I have lots of shrimp and like the crystal red shrimp the best.

siva said:
+1 to the dwarf cray..I have two CPO's in a community tank and they are just adorable little things. People are always surprised to see crays so small. I have an electric blue as well but he's in his own tank for sure. He's awesome though. I have lots of shrimp and like the crystal red shrimp the best.

Do you have the same one as I do?

Sent from my iPhone

I think so, do you know if it's a dwarf patz? Mine aren't full grown yet. Is it about 2" long?

Back
Top Bottom