Feather Dusters help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockerman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello all im after some info on two Feather Dusters i have in my tank on of them as left its tube and is laying on the sand it still hides when spooked will it be ok left there. allso today i put a green Feather Dusters in but it keeps spitting out some strange stringey stuff anyone know what this could be. meny thanks

What are your tanks water parameters? (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH, temp,) How did you acclimate the dusters? Sounds like they could be stressed either due to water chemistry issues or improper acclimation.

It is stressed , normal for a featherduster in a "new" home . Try not to distub it to much , this can cause it to decrown wich will grow back in a couple weeks with proper perameters, or it can cause it to leave the tube , which is usually fatal to them. As for placement low flow to just abit above low flow, not too much as this can stress them as well... Also try to prop the top of it up so that it is not in the sand , they usually will attach to substrate/bottom of tank or attach to LR if happy . The cobweb secretions will stop when fully acclimated and not stressed ....

thankyou Sadielynn i will them be and see what happens fingers crossed

two Feather Dusters i have...on of them as left its tube and is laying on the sand
That is what worries me. As Sadielynn said, this usaully is a very bad sign. If it looks like it's dead, get it out before it pollutes the tank. The other duster should get better w/ some time to acclimate to your tank. Your water params look good. Good luck.
PS- Have you checked your salinity or SG?

I agree remove the one that left the tube , chances are he will not rebuild his tube . It has a 95% or so mortallity the other one should be fine even with the webbing it is just a sign of stress .

Back
Top Bottom