Featherdusters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, my tank is still "new" and is actually in the cycling process. I'm doing this fishless. My ammonia has started to drop and nitrites are rising...quickly. however, that's not the point. My situation is I bought 2 pieces of live rock from my local lfs and immediately when I put them in the tank, 4 small hermit crabs showed themselves. I though it was cool and even better if they survived the cycling process. I also notice quite a few little larva looking organisms. I have no clue what they may become nor do I think they will survive the cycle. However now, after about a week or so of having the live rock in the tank, I'm noticing one of the fish feces looking strands appears to be a very small featherduster. I tried taking a picture but it turns out my camera isn't nearly the quality I thought. My question is, is this even possible? I mean, I though featherdusters needed high quality water and since my water is anything but that, I wouldn't imagine it would survive. But whatever it is, it opens up and looks a lot like a featherduster. Is there anything else it may be that would be able to survive in these conditions and if so, is it something to worry about? Thanks in advance for any responses!!!

coco worms look a lot like a feather duster however they require practically perfect water conditions. They are difficult to provide for so therefor I don't believe that's what it is. As far as surviving, I guess we will see what happens in a few weeks...

Back
Top Bottom