Feeding bloodworm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just plop the cube in the tank, it will melt off and release pieces at a good rate, unless you have a pig that just mouths the whole cube! Can fish get brain freeze? Keep in mind that they can get constipated from b worms, I usually feed them sat and fast sun to let them clear out..

That's a new one! I'm not sure as I've never heard of feeding them to fw fish? May want to google it..

You can also take a small container of tank water and thaw them in it. Then you can add a little at a time and try to control who gets some. helps if you have a pig in the tank. I have a texas that will grab a cube and swim with it so he gets it all.

Thaw it. Allow product to thaw naturally by cold air/water.
Force thawed foods breakdown. Warm air invites bacterial growth.
Frozen food if eaten frozen releases nitrogen and/or Co2
This is not good for the fish.

The bubbles of gas will be absorbed through the gut wall.

Tank water is faster to thaw but it breaks up the proteins in the food, reducing its quality. It also allows for bacterial and microbial growth to occur.
Naturally thawed by cold air is better, but I admit that from time to time I use tank water (when I'm in a rush).

I haven't observed any adverse affects. Although I am unsure of the long term impact.

Bloodworms are in essence, frozen meat.

Back
Top Bottom