Feeding Cory Cats Cichlid food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dreamsINdigital

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a large excess of Cichlid food from when I used to have a Flowerhorn Cichlid. I just got Albino Cory Cats, and I was wondering if it would be alright if I fed them this food, since I have no other use for it. These are TetraCichlid Cichlid Sticks. After the sticks have been in the water for awhile, they swell and sink to the bottom. My Cory Cats seem to love nibbling on them. Would they be able to eat these as their main diet?

Thanks

:microwave:

I don't think that would be a problem at all after all they are cat fish they're programmed to eat about any food off the bottom.

i never like to feed my fish any one but i am would bet it wouldnt hurt. i would also feed another food just in case. how old is the food?

I still don't think it would be a problem. I feed bloodworms to my goby in my 10 gallon that has cory cats in it and they gladly clean up the excess food from them. But i also supplement it with flake food and alage wafers.

Juyst wanted to say real quickly. I was in the fish store yesterday (which i purchesed a sevrum, a peacock goby, and a twig catfish) and i saw a cory cat about 5 inches long. It was the biggest cory cat i have ever seen in my life. And there were two of them.

Juyst wanted to say real quickly. I was in the fish store yesterday (which i purchesed a sevrum, a peacock goby, and a twig catfish) and i saw a cory cat about 5 inches long. It was the biggest cory cat i have ever seen in my life. And there were two of them.
Wow that's huge! What kind of Cory Cat was it? Was it in a big tank?

Ya, it was in a 55 gallon. I asked the guy about it and he says that they can get that big if you take care of them well. If he would have just told me that they could get that big i wouldnt believe him, but i saw it. If i go back and there still there in a couple weeks i will go ahead and buy it so you guys can see. Besides, i would love to see this 1 BIG cory cat amongst all these small ones. I believe it was a bronze cory.

That's pretty crazy, I saw one at my LFS that was about 2 inches, and I thought that was big!

Back
Top Bottom