Feeding guppies and neons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mishyc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I generally feed my neons and guppies once a day, my problem is that I'm not sure my neons are getting enough to eat! I feed micro pellets and just enough for them all. I don't want to put more in because either the guppies will get too much, or the feisty neons will get too much. There is a few neons that look quite slender, they are not sick and are acting fine, just think they don't stand much of a chance at feeding time

I generally feed my neons and guppies once a day, my problem is that I'm not sure my neons are getting enough to eat! I feed micro pellets and just enough for them all. I don't want to put more in because either the guppies will get too much, or the feisty neons will get too much. There is a few neons that look quite slender, they are not sick and are acting fine, just think they don't stand much of a chance at feeding time
I am no expert but I always oppose one time feeding only. Fish can stay active for days without any food but you should feed them twice. Its the minimum according to me. Maybe it can solve your problem too as when you feed they are too hungry and jump on food. Feed twice but make sure no left overs.

I was thinking that and done it today, but, a couple of greedy neons had got in there again and are too much! I could tell from previous over feeding when they get food bellies on them. I don't want to over feed and kill the neons

I was thinking that and done it today, but, a couple of greedy neons had got in there again and are too much! I could tell from previous over feeding when they get food bellies on them. I don't want to over feed and kill the neons
Don't overfeed. Feed them little food but with intervals and spread the food. You can also mix sinking and floating so the shy or lazy ones also get there fair share.

Back
Top Bottom