Feeding guppy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HausMaus

Aquarium Advice Regular
How often should I feed my 2 day old guppy fry? They're in a 35L/10g community planted tank with 3 adult guppies and 4 pygmy cories. Don't want to over feed the adults either!
I don't want to fish them out as I don't want another 15 guppies and wanting nature to do its thing. Survival of the fittest and all that.
Thanks in advance!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438658853.424922.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you want survival of the fittest them feed your tank normally and if the babies make it then congrats.

Caleb

That's what I do. They always find the food they need in the tank.
Different story if you had them in a breeder box..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

One week on and pretty much all the fry are accounted for. Twenty of them. Now that they're a little bigger I can see that a few of them have fin defects (pointy tails instead of fan shaped) so I guess I should cull those, if I could catch them!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

if you were a breeder looking for something cull but the fins may not be defects or deformity the may just be a trait hidden in the parents genes

if you were a breeder looking for something cull but the fins may not be defects or deformity the may just be a trait hidden in the parents genes

Back
Top Bottom