Feeding Habits??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amesdrew

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone out there have a good story about how your fish or inverts eat?

I was just sitting downstairs doing homework, my light turned off so I decided to put an algae wafer in. I watched and was amazed. The fish were almost more active in battling for the position on the wafer then when they get fed pellets in the morning! The zipper loaches get there first but are followed closely by the opportunistic serpai's. They would go at it with the serpai going into a feeding frenzy. Eventually, the rams were woken up and came in like a flash, defending the wafer like it was eggs! They were shaking and shimmering and it was awesome. That is, until the clown pleco descended on the wafer. He just laid on it and took some nips until everyone else gave up!

Lets here the stories people,
drew :evil:

My white clouds tear into peas like sharks. Otherwise they eat in the classic dash to the surface way.

Bought a big Amano shrimp last Saturday (compared to the ones I already have in the tank.) and when it eats its hilarious, sits on the coconut house, eating and when the swordtails want to steal its food, it uses its feelers like whips and lashes out and the swordtails dart away to safety lol

Back
Top Bottom