Feeding my Banded Cat Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cswisher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I purchased a shark egg from the local pet shop a few months ago and while we were away this past weekend, it hatched! We came home on Sunday and he was in the tank. I tried to hand feed him some krill and he bit at it but didn't eat it. I also put some ghost shrimp in the tank and he's not interested. How long should I wait to try to feed him again?

I don't know much about sharks but I would say three days max. Some one will probably correct me. By the way welcome!

He is in an 80 gallon tank for now. I know he needs a 180 gallon tank and he will be moved into one as soon as the tank cycles and I get the water tested.

you could wait a while to put him in the 180 tank liveaquaria (where im guessing you got the info) puts that for when it is completely grown. I have an egg and when it hatches im going to keep it in a little holding thing in my tank to monitor him and feed him etc. but yeah i would wait a few days because hes probably full from his yolk thing. and by the time you have read this it's a couple weeks old so this doesnt matter lol.

Back
Top Bottom