feeding mystery snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JennMc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We acquired a black mystery snail for our 20 g aquarium and have been doing research on feeding it. We know it can eat algae wafers and veggies but no real details on that, such as do all the veggies need to be blanched? how long do they need to be blanched? How much and how often to feed (read they can become somewhat dormant in winter so don't want to overfeed)?

Will it eat the dying leaves on my java fern? That would save me trying to pick them out! Any chance he'll eat our smallest ghost shrimp? He is very tiny!

Thanks for any clarity :)

I feed mine a frozen green bean once a week blanching is putting in the frozen veggie in boiling water for a few seconds to soften them up idk if they will eat the dieing leaves off plants

Mine has eaten dying plant leaves and some new ones, too. Generally, he doesn't eat plants anymore. I feed him algae wafers and he sucks whatever else he can find off the tank.

He/she was munching on a piece of kale this morning so things seem to be going okay so far, thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom