Feeding Natives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecolover18

Aquarium Advice Freak
On the First of June I took home a longnose dace, slimy sculpin and two crayfish. The crays eat like pigs, i've fed them worms, flakes, and other insects. Not much with the fish. I've took home some waterbugs to feed the dace but I don't know if he got to them because they are in the tank, as well with insects, flakes and worms. With the sculpins tank i've tried pellets, worms and grubs. The fish have been in captivity for three days already and I don't know if they are still stressed to come into a aquarium. Can you help with me with some ideas to help them eat soon or are they just stressed an I got to be patient, Thanks :thanks:

The sculpins will not eat anything that does not move, I fed mine blackworm, scuds, baby minnows or just about anything they can fit in their mouths.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would go back and catch a bunch of scuds, they are a big part of a sculpin's diet you can net them in abundance in any submerged vegetation. They are easy to keep in a small container with a sponge filter and flake or pellet for food

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The Dance should eat anything floating. The Dance would go wild over daphnia. The Sculpin, depending on size should eat scuds and if you can't catch them you can buy them on Aquabid. Mine were small and ate fresh hatch baby brine shrimp and microworms. I think white or grindel worms would work as well. Like I said you can get all this stuff on Aquabid

Back
Top Bottom