Feeding plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

somethingsfishy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am new to the plant world and I'm wondering if I should "feed" my plants more than once a week? I'm using flourish and my plants are one java moss and one java fern. I had two ferns but crawfish really like ferns. Lesson learned.

I dose my 29g once a week with Flourish. The tank is stuffed full of crypts, anubias, and java ferns and they seem to like the Flourish. I have a little hair algae on the crypt leaves directly under the lights, but that's about it.

My fern doesn't seem to be growing. I had two but crawfish like ferns. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't under caring for it. I need to upgrade my lighting

If you're just keeping Java moss and Java ferns you don't need any fertilizer in my opinion. These plants are really hardy and will survive in many different conditions, even low light. I'm not sure about crayfish eating them though..if it gets to be a big problem you may have to consider plastic plants...rotting plant matter can't be good for your tank?

Yea I caught the little bastard eating it. He's gone. I want a few more plants but I need to upgrade my lighting. I like the amazon sword. I think that's a plant.

Back
Top Bottom