Feeding problem top & bottom feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fxbillie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
As a newbie, I have no clue how to balance the eating habits of the top feeders (like guppies, zebra danios, swordtails, mollies etc), and the bottom feeders (like neon tetras, phantom tetras etc). It the flakes float on the top, the top feeders are all with swollen stomachs and the bottom feeders are still hungry. Are there any suggestions to take care of both groups? Thanks.

When I feed my fish, (since I have a piggy dwarf gourami), I put the food in by the filter, and the flow pushes half the food down to where the lower level fish can get some also. :)

might want to try some sinking type foods too. though the neons i have had do go to the top. dkpate has a good idea about the filter. i also crush my food up so it doesnt float as well.

+1 for the crushing, I do the same thing. :) The guppies can't get the bigger flakes in theri mouth anyway, and it takes the "pigs" in the tank longer to get around to all the small pieces.

Back
Top Bottom