feeding question: shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meola

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am reviewing my choices for my FOWLR tank - most if not all my picks ask for squid, krill, clams and hard shelled shrimp.
Now where would one get hard shelled shrimp? Are these the shrimp at the supermarket that are not peeled? I currently use frozen brine and frozen squid - but neither of these offer the "hard" surface for wearing down the teeth. I searched a few sites and most places offer the frozen processed shrimp.

For info sake my choices for my tank include a Volitan Lion, Huma Picasso trigger, French Angel, Porcupine Puffer, and a Yellow Tang. I am deciding on an Auriga Butterfly also

So any clarification on what type of shrimp or where this shrimp can be bought would be great!

Or any other feeding suggestion for this lineup.

125gal atm

I am working on a inwall setup that should be up and running within the next year - upwards around 220gal - I figure by the time the fish start to get too big for the 125 I will have the larger one ready. I also have a 92gal reef tank that is almost habitable. The 125 currently holds all my corals, damsels, crabs, starfish, etc - they are getting moved to the 92 corner setup with 20gal fuge within the next few months

Back
Top Bottom