Feeding Scarlet Badis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi All,
What does everyone feed their badis, if have them that is? I've been using frozen baby brine shrimp. Will they eat freeze dried brine shrimp? Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They really need a live food source, I've never seen mine eat any ting prepared yet they still grow and live

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's funny, I was going to start a thread about my new badis badis (chameleon fish). I've decided to start culturing my own black worms. I was looking for tips from anyone who had done it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I kept scarlet badis once. I trained him to eat prepared foods. It took about a month. First I fed him mosquito larva, he loved it. I trained him by using a pipette to feed live larva. Eventually he learned to come eat when they popped out of the end. After a few weeke I started adding some frozen bloodworms. Then when he would eat that I started adding freeze dried tubifex or brine shrimp. He did good eating this stuff. My lfs said that he would eat anything they gave him but I watched for a long time without ever seeing him eat in the store. I was looking for a challenge. He jumped one day when the light came on.

Thanks guys, it gets kinda expensive to keep buying frozen brine shrimp. I can't always get them, or live shrimp, which they love! Just trying to see if I could substitute the freeze dried type.

Just drop a scud culture or even pond snails in there.. it's self sustaining, add an assasin snail to control the pond snails once they take off. My scarlet got super fat eating snails eggs and babies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Grindal worms! Easy to culture and both badis badis and scarlet badis go nuts for them.

Where can I get scuds?

Back
Top Bottom