feeding your fishies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linds3y

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so I was wondering what everyone feeds their fish, and more importantly, how much and how often. I'm trying to avoid over feeding, but I'd also like to hear what foods you experts find superior in quality and bring out the best in your fish.

I feed all my fish the same mix of foods. Spread out between tanks I have guppies, bettas, gouramis, neons, swordtail, blood parrot,
silver dollars, angelfish, black ghost knife, mollies, danios, peacock eel, bn and rubberlip pleco, african dwarf frogs, and snails.

I feed them a mix of hikari and san Fransisco bay blood worms, krill, freshwater frenzy (blood worms, brine shrimp, daphnia among other things), spirulina brine shrimp, emerald entree and glass worms.
I tried frozen tubifex but none of my fish would eat it.
I also give them hikari cichlid biogold pellets, hikari sinking carnivore pellets, hikari algae wafers and tetra color tropical flakes. I threw some lettuce in a few times and cucumber but I have to keep trying with fresh veggie, I don't think they know yet that its something yummy to eat haha.
I used to feed every day but I'm working on cutting it down to every other day.

So what about you guys? What kind of fish do you have and what do you feed them? What's your favorite fish food? And how often/ how much?
I'm curious to see your answers and get some tips :)

I feed hikari ( if I spelled that right) once or twice a day and skip 1 day a week. When I feed it I pinch about 15-20 pellets and watch them eat it then throw a little more in. On the other side of the tank I throw 3-5 algae disks that I don't remember the name of, plus some turtle food every couple days because he eats all the other stuff aswell. About once a week I feed peas and cucumbers. Somedays I feed home made food to them other than the rest.

Sounds like a lot of food I know but I have 50 some african Cichlids, pleco, catfish and a turtle.

10 gallon betta, shrimp tank I feed about 5 pellets of betta food every other day

Last edited:
New Life Spectrum H20 flakes with garlic, sinking Thera A pellets, wafers, Cichlid pellets - daily, and as a treat frozen bloodworm, brine shrimp, boiled peas and courgette. Still feed Hikari sinking cichlid pellets occasionally but only as I have a bag left over, as much as Hikari ingredients are really good I find it makes my water slightly cloudy, but nowhere near as much as the Tetra Pro Crap stuff.

Andrew what kind of turtle do you have? My mom has two yellow belly sliders lol

Andrew McFadden said:
Stinkpot musk turtle is what I have and there is a pic in my profile in my Malawi tank pictures

I'll have to get on my computer and look :) I use the app alot haha. I kinda want a turtle lol, you have him in with cichlids?

I feed my 200litre community
Rams, tetras, Z danios, CAE, Amano Shrimp the following

Freeze dried Daphnia,
tetra delica bloodworms,
tetra multi wafers,
tetra Prima granules,
Nutrafin max tropical flakes,
tetra pro colour wafers,
Hikari cichlid gold pellets,
BCUK cichlid mix (frozen)

I feed my tank once a day and fast the tank on Mondays.

Jon

Forgot to mention I don't feed everything on the same day. I vary it from day to day. Before PWC days they get the frozen mix.

Jon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom