Feeding Zuccini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neuve

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so i've got this dropsy tetra...
How do i do this whole zuccini feeding ritual?
I have him sepparated from the whole school, so it wouldnt be a problem feeding him alone.

Should i buy a veggie clip and stuff? or let it float/sink

All comments and suggestions accepted.
TIA
Pato

Dunno if zucchini has the same effect that peas do. I think not; you may want to grab some peas.

Zuchinni isnt going to help dropsy.
The only dropsy treatment I have heard of and tried is as follows....

Isolate the fish in a QT tank and raise the temp rapidly to 85-88f, add 1/8 teaspoon (measured) of Epsom salts per 5 gallon (check your local drugstore, its cheap) and look for "romet B" medication and soak the fishes food with it, treatment will likely take atleast 2 weeks to show any signs of improvment.

I tried the above treatment but without rometB because no one knows what it is or where to get it.

If your confusing dropsy with constpation, yeah peas work great, boil one, peel it and smush it a little and let the fish dig in.

Although I don't know if zuchini will help a constipated fish or not, here's how to feed it. Parboil it first. If it's intended for a bottom feeder such as a pleco, it'll sink after being parboiled. For other fish, you can put it in a veggie clip and it'll be soft enough for them to eat. You can also parboil a bunch of it and freeze it. Just thaw and serve...kinda like a TV dinner for fish.

LOL well anyways a little zuchini wont kill em, never tried it before. Umm peas. Ok, ill go buy some @ the market tomorrow.

Epsom salts... OMG, im mexican, should i just go and ask for epsom salts? or do you know what the salts contain?

Well, i did the zucchini, its weird a part floated and a part sank. Weird, lol didnt catch any of my fish eating it except kulhi loaches...

Ill check again tomorrow morning.
thank you all
Pato

Found it.

MgSO4-7H2O (fully hydrated magnesium sulfate) = Epsom Salts Lol
just need to find the translation
LoL

Tomorrow will be the buy-the-correct-cure-for-your-dropsy-fish day

Back
Top Bottom