Female angel labored breathing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
My female angel is laying eggs but only 2-3 at a time then she eats them she's a bit labored on breathing but not excessive, I'm afraid to go fully dark because i have 2 BA tetras that are aggressive, so i have the Lunars on my led fixture on low, my question is why does she always consume her eggs this makes her 4th batch, it's odd this is my 4th day doing rid ich for possible parasites she laid some yesterday ate them and laying more today and ate them, also my female odessa barb looks like she's trying to find a spot also.. Hmm

Rid ich is a 7 day treatment, 25 ml per day for my 55 gallon, with 25 % water changes every day before your dose of rid ich, i didnt do 7 days i did 5 cause of the stress it was putting on my fish, you can cut your dosing time by increasing your water temp to 82-84 degrees but i wasnt conformable doing that so i kept my tank at 80-81, she's doing better i put my air stones on full and have left the tank alone so they can calm down, they were all stressed.

Ive never really dealt with ick, but in my experenice killing other protozoan parasites, the effect of the Malachite green and heat is immediate, within a few hours fish that were hanging at the surface or scratching will return to normal behavior.
It can at higher levels be carcogenic to humans, kill Nitrifying bacteria, and stress fish out. I use it sparingly to destroy protozoan parasites when I get new fish or notice one flashing. I never knew or hear of anyone using it for so long, but then again, ive never really had any of my fish with "ick". (which maybe is a harder to kill parasite then the typical protozoa I have dealth with)
Anyways sounds like you've got it figured out.

Back
Top Bottom