Female angelfish swimming sideways?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
HELP! I walked into my room at around 4 and she was fine as far as i could tell, and now this!

image-3551232932.jpg

She is not laying eggs on the heater, but when i bought her ( monday) she and her mate had cleared a spot in the tank for eggs, which see seems to be full of. How can i help her?

Im awaiting ammonia readings but the last water change i did before i got her, (i got her monday water change sunday) and the tank temp was raised from 71 to 80 overnight (its now 80) and all other tank mates are swimming fine, no visible wounds,

Last night one of my smaller angels was swimming funny just like this and she died thin morning, please help.

image-1368969079.jpg

Its more her with her mouth to the light swimming, when another tank mate pr plant disrupts her she uses mainly her top fin to move with only weak spasms of her tail. I am getting some frozen peas for her to eat (how should i serve them?) and her colors are all normal

Ammonia is 0

Her breeding tube is not extended so i know she is not laying eggs, it almost seems like the eggs inside her have been over due and have enlarged her belly

Sorry for all different posts im just really not ready for more bad news today,

She seems to find a place among the plants and sits on them

The male keeps following behind her like he is waiting to ferrilize the eggs, but his tube isn't down either

The angel fish is most probably bloated/constipated causing swim bladder problems.
Fast him for 2-3 days, then feed him peas:)

Atm its 79 F

And she looks bloated, but i assumed it was from eggs, and idk if she has 2-3 days left at this state, she has barely eaten since i got her. I have the peas now they are in the freezer.

Atm its 79 F

And she looks bloated, but i assumed it was from eggs, and idk if she has 2-3 days left at this state, she has barely eaten since i got her. I have the peas now they are in the freezer.
Then she probably is pregnant. I would try to feed peas. I doubt she will die. I had goldfish that could fast for over a week with no difference. The crucial thing is the water temperature. Maybe make it around 80-81. Angel fish live in around 80's

Still not working. Her breathing has slowed and she us resting on a plant face up i have tried smashing the peas and letting them drift into her mouth but she wouldn't tale to them.

I have the air pums yeah, i installed them monday because i noticed a film on the water, i currently have a 5 gallon pump with an air stone on it in the tank running 24/7

Edit: she us laying sideways on the sand now

How big is you're tank
Heat up the water to around 84 Degrees
She might have a parasite, still doing some researchD:

Its a 30 g
A bit small for 2 angel fish, but it's fine.
So you really have to put you're temperature between 82-86 degrees.
Okay, so most likely he has swim bladder infection.
When the bacteria is actively multiplying, the angel fish bloats, typically "floating" as you described it. At some point the swim bladder is destroyed by the bacteria and the fish can no longer maintain an upright position and become "belly sliders", unable to stay in mid water without great effort. This angel fish disease almost always results in a fish that has permanent swimming difficulty.
You're fish might die(Very probable) or have permanent swimming difficulty's.
I am truly very sorry for you're fish.
You might have over fed a bit, witch causes this major problem in angelfish:(

Back
Top Bottom