Female bettas doing wonderfully in 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wanted to share with everyone that my two female bettas that had been living in separate tanks as of two days ago, are doing wonderfully in my 29g tank with each other and all other tank mates. I have been truly impressed by their behavior, not only with each other, but with the other tank mates, as well. I added them to the tank last, as was recommended on this forum, since they tend to be territorial and I think that made all the difference in the world!
I watched them closely, as I introduced them to the tank within 2 hours of one another. I saw when they first made eye contact across the tank with each other and then watched their "circle dance" as they stared at each other for about two hours. Neither got aggressive or nippy. They haven't been aggressive toward any of the other fish (lamp eye tetras, albino cories, or my wonderful little rubbler lip pleco). When I turn on the light in the morning they are up in the hornwort with each other in one specific spot. I can tell they are truly enjoying the 29g tank with all of the plants and hidey spots that I have in there! :) Just thought I would share!

I will certainly try! I tried to yesterday but they are so darned fast that I couldn't capture them on camera! I have one blue and one white/pink! I just love 'em and to me they are just as pretty as the males!

Congrats! I always like to hear success stories. And yes, we love pictures :)

That's so great to hear!! I agree about pictures, would love to see some.

I have found, especially with bettas (but it works with lots of fish), one of the best times to take pics is at feeding time. The fish still might be moving around but at least it is only near the surface rather than all over the entire tank.

Pictures of female bettas in 29g

Here are a few I was able to capture today. I will try more when I feed them. I also have a few more pictures of my cute little albino cories, and my pleco....enjoy! Top left is my blue female betta swimming with a catfish. Top right is my white female betta in the rock formation. That is her favorite place, she likes exploring all of the levels. Again, bottom left is my white female betta swimming around the rock formation. Bottom right is my cute little rubberlip pleco.

Saff,
Here's an earlier picture of the tank before everything started growing in....I need to get new full tank shots, just haven't done it yet.
Man....I just looked more closely at these pictures....they were taken on 08/08/08, which is exactly 3 weeks ago....all of my foreground plants now reach the top of the water surface! Man, I probably need to get in there and do some pruning. I also have a new AC50 filter on this tank, not the one in the picture.
Anyway, there's some pics for ya, Saff! :D

Hey Dottie what light fixture did you get for this 29G?

Did you get the Coralife one?

Yes, Matt - that is the one I got from BigAl's. I am happy with it and I have been cutting my light time during the day....although I hate missing anything that is going on in my tank! I don't know if these pictures were taken with the new light or not....can't remember now!

I think that is a good light!! Its not crazy lighting like some others use, but should do well as you have witnessed.

Yes deff keep the lighting hours down, at least until you get some ferts and read up on it.

Nitrates can drop during the day so try testing when the lights have been on for like 3/4 of the time they are set for. They will prob be getting low. Then over night they will rise back up since the plants are not absorbing them.

You should read a little on this method for non CO2 fert dosing, its got some good info, as most of the fert dosing schedules are setup for high lighting and CO2, they would be too much w/o CO2
Non CO2 methods - Aquarium Plants - Barr Report

Back
Top Bottom