female convict getting her colors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tigerosx

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm surprised at how bright she's is getting super happy with my pick thought I'd share

ForumRunner_20121019_215141.jpg

ForumRunner_20121019_215304.jpg

Pretty! I've noticed some of my males are more colorful with orange bellies and blue and yellow on the fins. Remember you can't sex a convict based on color.

cichlidcasey said:
Pretty! I've noticed some of my males are more colorful with orange bellies and blue and yellow on the fins. Remember you can't sex a convict based on color.

Haha yea I had no idea what she was at first but she layed eggs haha :) [ thought she was male

Jason7894561230 said:
Very beautiful! I love convicts and their stripes and colours!

Theae fish suck; I had a male and a female to begin, they mated and killed off everything in the tank, then after the babies grew up the male killed them and his first mate and mated with one of his offspring, he has been alive for 10+ years and taking up pretty much his own tank for 10 years, how could you like such a fish

ilikepie said:
Theae fish suck; I had a male and a female to begin, they mated and killed off everything in the tank, then after the babies grew up the male killed them and his first mate and mated with one of his offspring, he has been alive for 10+ years and taking up pretty much his own tank for 10 years, how could you like such a fish

This person wasn't asking your opinion on this fish or what you think about them. You are coming off as being very rude and should consider that not all people share the same thoughts as you.

kelbaker79 said:
This person wasn't asking your opinion on this fish or what you think about them. You are coming off as being very rude and should consider that not all people share the same thoughts as you.

Its a fact the fish store woildnt even take this fish back and im warning him its probably a bad decision to buy this fish(at least not a mating pair) because they live forever and can have almost no tank mates and not everyone shares your opinion that theu are beautiful

ilikepie said:
Its a fact the fish store woildnt even take this fish back and im warning him its probably a bad decision to buy this fish(at least not a mating pair) because they live forever and can have almost no tank mates and not everyone shares your opinion that theu are beautiful

1. Maybe YOUR lfs wont take them back.
2. Its pointless to warn someone not to get a fish, if they already have it.
3. Nothing lives forever.
4. I never said anyone had to agree with me. I simply commented my opinion to the op on their fish.

Lol. This is getting silly.

kelbaker79 said:
1. Maybe YOUR lfs wont take them back.
2. Its pointless to warn someone not to get a fish, if they already have it.
3. Nothing lives forever.
4. I never said anyone had to agree with me. I simply commented my opinion to the op on their fish.

Lol. This is getting silly.

Ok :i didnt meqn to offend anybody, im just sharing my experiences

Ok :i didnt meqn to offend anybody, im just sharing my experiences

You had that negative experience with your Convicts because you did not clearly understand the nature of the fish before getting it. If you had enough tank space and hiding spots or separate tanks to raise the offspring, then you wouldn't have had that problem. Most fish will inbreed (fish don't know morals) and most cichlids are aggressive. If you don't provide the proper housing, then things don't usually go as planned. You can't blame your bad experience with Convicts on the fish, because the fish doesn't know any better. I'm not trying to bash on you or anything, just understand where I'm coming from.

Lets stay on the topic of the OP's beautiful fish and not venture off into individual experiences. They were not requested.

Any further off-topic discussion will be removed.

Thanks.

Thank you all who think shes a beautiful fish. For the record i have my tank set with a varity a cichlids who hold their own and never had a problem. Even during spawning. Just happy every fish made it through the power outage from the horrible storm we just had on the east coast. Even the fry the convicts have been tending too.

Back
Top Bottom