Female Guppy help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robynleigh

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been waiting and waiting to see if this lady is going to have babies - she looks so big I'm sure she is ready to explode.

Q1. Is she pregnant

Q2. How long to go if so??

I was given all these fish with my tank so I'm not familiar with them all yet..

Attachments

• image-318665100.jpg
    image-318665100.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 64
  • image-262368990.jpg
    image-262368990.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 65
Probably 2 weeks you might be over feeding them

They were living in filthy green water and you couldn't even see through the glass when I got the tank... Bit of a rescue mission really - they weren't being fed they were living off whatever they could find in the tank and breeding like rabbits - I scooped out dozens of fry when I started the cleaning process!! There was a dead catfish in the tank too :-( sooooo gross...

I don't believe she is box shaped from the back yet so I'll just keep an eye on her I guess.

If you can I would suggest isolating and treating her like an infected fish if you notice her back starting to look funny or she swims erratically....

A single guppy doesn't need that much space so the smaller and easier to clean/ switch out the better. Salt dips and certain preventative additives are the most effective methods that I've found- especially with guppies. They are very resilient and do very well with a little salt in their water to begin with. That and 50% water changes very few days until bloating subsides- I just thought of something- try giving her a blanched pea or French cut green bean and see if she might be constipated, lol- happens to my guppy breeder tank quite often if I forget to give them their greens

A single guppy doesn't need that much space so the smaller and easier to clean/ switch out the better. Salt dips and certain preventative additives are the most effective methods that I've found- especially with guppies. They are very resilient and do very well with a little salt in their water to begin with. That and 50% water changes very few days until bloating subsides- I just thought of something- try giving her a blanched pea or French cut green bean and see if she might be constipated, lol- happens to my guppy breeder tank quite often if I forget to give them their greens
Yes most livebearers are good in semi brackish water. And constipation is a possibility. Try the pea method. You'll probably have to cut it in small pieces for a guppy.

If you're already feeding peas, just keep an eye in her. Give her some time.

Back
Top Bottom