Female guppy killer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chico39

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new with guppies and have been having problems keeping them. I have a heavily planted 20gal aquarium. I started with 3 females and a male. I added a couple platys since they are also livebearers and supposedly get along. Well i kept finding one after the other guppy hiding at the top in weakened states and some fin damage. They would slowly die one by one. I notice platys chasing relentlessly the guppies. I removed all platys. Bought several more guppies. Same thing keeps happening. I notice an aggressive female fin nipping. I think ill put her with the platys in my 36gal since its aggressive. Well about a week and the platys picked her to death. I have heavy live plants in both tanks for my live bearing fish. I still had a couple more die due to aggression i think. I removed the last female of the color i seen being aggressive. I want to breed these for feeders for my cichlids. But i cant seem to get any female guppies to not kill each other. What should i do?

Back
Top Bottom