Female guppy pregnant but when will she drop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnT2nY

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
As title, i have put her in the breeding thing but dont want to stress her if she aint going to drop yet

img_1614190_0_62a4d73e9499a7a1e9908a1cf4433593.jpg

She surely looks squared off. Mine usually drop within a day or so of squaring off... they get so you'd think they could lay on a shelf. : )
If she doesn't drop fry within a couple of days put her back in the tank to swim it off and then put her back in. Breeders boxes can stress out the females and cause them to withhold the fry. I generally keep my eye out for fry and move her into my 10 gal when i see one or if the 10 gal is empty I put her in and let her stay in there until the fry appear.

ok thanks ill leave her in there she actually seems to be happier the males arent harrassing her.

i have got a breeder tank managed to get an 6yr old tank from a family member who got a bigger one and left their old one all running with just water in.

My sisters fish have had about 40 baby parrot fish (freshwater type) will they all be ok in the same tank as the guppy fry just until they get bigger

ok thanks ill leave her in there she actually seems to be happier the males arent harrassing her.

i have got a breeder tank managed to get an 6yr old tank from a family member who got a bigger one and left their old one all running with just water in.

My sisters fish have had about 40 baby parrot fish (freshwater type) will they all be ok in the same tank as the guppy fry just until they get bigger

I'm not familiar with parrot fish.... someone else please respond with experience??
I put newborn molly fry in with my 35 6 wk old molly fry and discovered they took them as food! They did a full on fishie pack attack.:hide: I couldn't scoop out the babies fast enough...

Are they African cichlid blood parrot fish, if so they eat anything that fits in there mouth and guppies would be a treat. I wouldn't attempt it.

hi yes they are African cichlid blood parrot fish, they have teeth and HUGE mouths :)

the fry are really small, only 4days old we looked in her tank and we just saw them all laying around the heater so we managed to fish them out before the adult ones decided to eat them and they have been in a breeders box since but i think ill get a tank divider net just incase as they cant stay in there forever.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom