Female molly nipping at male

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaphillips438

Aquarium Advice Regular
Florida full time, Kentucky in the summer
A few days ago I added in some new fish, (1) albino cory, (1) spotted cory, (1) female silver molly, and (1) male spotted molly, I already had two female black mollys. one of my black mollys apparently jumped out of the tank last night which breaks my heart, I didn't think they could do that, but I will be getting a lid tomorrow. my other black molly is acting very strange which I expected because my black mollys did everything together, but she is being very aggressive towards my male molly which she hasn't done before, I have seen the mate multiple times but now she like can't stand him, another thing could be because my male has never seemed interested in any of my other mollys and I don't want her to get even more stressed seeing as how she just gave birth to 36 very healthy fry last Friday. what do I do?

A few days ago I added in some new fish, (1) albino cory, (1) spotted cory, (1) female silver molly, and (1) male spotted molly, I already had two female black mollys. one of my black mollys apparently jumped out of the tank last night which breaks my heart, I didn't think they could do that, but I will be getting a lid tomorrow. my other black molly is acting very strange which I expected because my black mollys did everything together, but she is being very aggressive towards my male molly which she hasn't done before, I have seen the mate multiple times but now she like can't stand him, another thing could be because my male has never seemed interested in any of my other mollys and I don't want her to get even more stressed seeing as how she just gave birth to 36 very healthy fry last Friday. what do I do?

If you can, maybe find a way to separate them. A net breeder box can be helpful when separating aggressive fish. Usually any nipping done by Mollies results in no injury to the other fish. If the tank is large enough and there is enough cover they should work it out. I would not worry about it too much. Typically it is the other way around and the male is attacking the female!

Back
Top Bottom