Fertilizer question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, great! Thanks for all your help! I'll see to getting some tomorrow (hopefully) :)

Petco carries Nutrifin Plant Gro, I think that is the name. It is worthless as all it contains is nitrate and iron at six bucks for an eight ounce bottle (at five ML per ten gallons).

I will definitely be avoiding that one then, any other brands to avoid? I don't wanna pay a butt load for something that's not gonna help.

Save your receipt. If you get it home and it's not what you want, return it.
Petsmart and Petco only carry a couple of brands. Seachem Flourish Comp. and API Leafzone are what you look for.

Yeah I am not a huge fan of nutrafin (although I did see some growth after using the stuff) buttt all of my snails died within two days of me using it!! :( I haven't used it since but only because the bottle leaked out everywhere. But the flourish comp. must be doing something all my plants are still alive :) Hope everything works out for you and your plants grow well! Also one last thing. I noticed my anacharis also started dying when I put it in my breeder box for my fry to hide in but I'm not sure why. The rest of it is growing great so its hard to tell.

Maybe because the anacharis was used to the fertalizer so it's dependent on it and the lack of water flow made a lack of ferts in the box and so they started browning in order to accolade the change and the shock of the change? (it's just a hypothesis) :)??

Im not sure I always make sure there is new water flowing through the breeder box atleast 10 times a day so I dunno if thats it or not...hard to tell I only put one piece in there and some frogbit and duckweed for cover which they seem to like :)

Well, I guess it might be something else. Frogbit roots fit in your breeder box? How long are they?

Yep...I picked out a smaller piece and the roots are maybe about 2-3 inches and it has like maybe 7 roots?

Oh that's pretty cool! I'll have to look into frogbit a little more

Also another plant I just got this week was some cabomba. I really like it it reminds me of little christmas trees in my tank and the fry are always hiding in it! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom