Fertilizer safe for shrimps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fuliggine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello.
I just bought sera florenette to fertilize the tank. The site and product say that the fertilizer is safe and tolerated by all invertebrates but I just saw that theres iron in it.
I already have amano shrimps and Im going to introduce some red cherry shrimps in these days ... someone told me they are indeed very sensible to iron.

Does anyone have experience with this product with shrimps?
Thanks

Is it Florena or florenette?
Florenette. In tabs
20170703_132907.jpg
As you can see from the photo it seems fine for the shrimps or they wouldnt put a stupid photo of a shrimp on the packaging. But the lady that was going to sell me red cherry told me that iron is bad for them...however my boyfriend just gifted me 3 crystal red shrimps before I could buy the red cherry and I guess iron is bad for them too?

The iron is fine. It's only 83 micro grams. I'd be more concerned about copper than iron but the amount of copper is probably very very low.

The iron is fine. It's only 83 micro grams. I'd be more concerned about copper than iron but the amount of copper is probably very very low.

Copper is the concern, though trace amounts aren't anything to worry yourself about as long as you follow the directions. You'd be hard pressed to find any food or fertilizer mix that doesn't contain trace amounts of copper in one form or another.

Back
Top Bottom