ferts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pantherspawn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just ordered the combo pack of ferts from Rex grigg and am wondering how often to add the ferts for a low/medium lighted tank? By that i mean how do j test for the levels suggested.. I ordered a phospate and KB/gh test kit as well but I'm not exactly sure how to make sure i keep all of my nutrients in balance. And again, this is a non co2 tank and don't plan on doing co2. 55 gallon densely planted with stem plants, different anubais varieties, corkscrew VAL, crypts and tiger lotus.

I'm not sure if I want to open the excel floodgates. Just takes alot of dosing it seems

Is there any point in continuing to use leaf zone once I start dosing the dry ferts?

Mr. Limpet said:
I do both. I have root plants, but I also have Java fern/moss, moss ball, etc that isn't in the soil and they deserve some lovin' too IMO :D.

And you don't have algae problems? Thawts my biggest concern is either overdosing or not getting the mix right and having a deficiency that the algae will run with.

Good luck getting them... Unless things have changed in the last 2 months, he isn't shipping any orders out (I heard from others that he was sick and his forum indicates the same). I had to file a claim with paypal and then got mine from aquariumfertilizer.com. I hate that he's sick and wish him a speedy recovery, but if you want your ferts, I think you're going to have to do the same.

mfdrookie516 said:
Good luck getting them... Unless things have changed in the last 2 months, he isn't shipping any orders out (I heard from others that he was sick and his forum indicates the same). I had to file a claim with paypal and then got mine from aquariumfertilizer.com. I hate that he's sick and all, but if you want your ferts, I think you're going to have to do the same.

Seriously? Oh well crap. Lol guess I should get on that then.

For a low tech setup I'd probably dose sparingly. Are you doing the EI method or PMDD/PPS? Either way, it probably won't take a lot.

I heard the same thing about them also btw.

And it's ok to do root tabs plus dose the column, the tabs are buried.

I will order from the other place you suggested as well.. worst case is I get a years worth of ferts. I just like ordering from the small timers especially ones that have given to the hobby.. and where Rex might be a cranky ***.. his ssite has helped alot of new hobbyist from what I've seen.

a years? lol, you'll get more than that. Just don't get the combo pack from aquariumfertilizer.com... it's mixed together. get them separately, 1lb each. It's right at $25 or so, but it's like 5 times as much.

mfdrookie516 said:
a years? lol, you'll get more than that. Just don't get the combo pack from aquariumfertilizer.com... it's mixed together. get them separately, 1lb each. It's right at $25 or so, but it's like 5 times as much.

Thanks for the heads up.. man I wish I could give rep on the app for this site.. lol

Dang.. phone browser won't let me give rep either.. guess I have to start making a list for when I'm on the PC.

Back
Top Bottom