fertz!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What size tank do you have? What kind of plants do you have in the tank? What kind of lighting do you have (watts, color, etc)? What are your CO2 levels at?

+1 with meegosh. Root Tabs really benefit root feeders like Swords. However, if you end up needing something more than root tabs, you could also consider Seachem Flourish Comprehensive for the water column.

Swords anacharis bacopa wisteria hornwort java fern one kind of ludwigia dwarf sag and one plant I cant identify, lights 2x54 w t5ho sun wave 12000k and tropical wave 6500k the tank its 75 wit sand

i also highly recommened seachems black sand fourite for root feeders. just be carful with it and dont get the sand in your filter motor. i know from expiriance that it can ruin the filter during settling. be sure to turn the filter off during settleing and if you get some in the filter motor i find that if i let the motor dry for a few days then wet the seal and turn it back on it breaks free and works again. i would use this seachem black sand fourite and mix it with carib sea super naturals black sand at a mixture of 50% each. they work together to both fertilze your plants and move fish waste from settleing into the sustrait.

also make sure you are using a good plant light with this substrait set up and ive found my plants grow and grow.

Well the plants r growing like crazy the issue its not that they arent growing I was just wondering wat kind of ferts besides the tabs

and flourite sand is what i use instead of root tabs. i just thought id tell you what works for me sorry if i got off topic or wasnt helpful. i just recommend this stuff to people because it lasts a while and it looks wonderful

Sorry if I sounded rude I just couldnt explain it clear enough but thx ive been thinkin about that cuz I want to start a 29 but im not sure if I want that or dirt

Most of those plants are fairly undemanding, except for maybe the ludwigia (depending on sp.) and the dwarf sag. It really depends on what you want to do with the tank.

If you are just trying to keep things green and growing then you may want to dose Seachem's liquid ferts from time to time. If you want tremendous growth and keep more challenging plants then you might need to start into EI dosing or something similar with dry ferts. Even then I think you'd be limited - by your lights - as to what plants you can keep.

Dry ferts are cheaper in the long run if you are going to have this set up for years. I personally use the PPS Pro method with autodosers doing the actual dosing for me.

Most of those plants are fairly undemanding, except for maybe the ludwigia (depending on sp.) and the dwarf sag. It really depends on what you want to do with the tank.

If you are just trying to keep things green and growing then you may want to dose Seachem's liquid ferts from time to time. If you want tremendous growth and keep more challenging plants then you might need to start into EI dosing or something similar with dry ferts. Even then I think you'd be limited - by your lights - as to what plants you can keep.

Dry ferts are cheaper in the long run if you are going to have this set up for years. I personally use the PPS Pro method with autodosers doing the actual dosing for me.

+1 i agree about the use of dry ferts long term.

i recommend black sand if you decide to go this route because not only does it function but it looks great against the green leaves and such. if you do decide you like it i also recommend the use of a black background as it brings the colors out.

Fishkeeper88 said:
would you like me to post my 29 gallon planted tank pictures so you can see what im talking about?

Yes plz

meegosh said:

Really I thought my lights were ok n good enough, im also running a light that came with it that I think its 32 watts

Fishkeeper88 said:
+1 i agree about the use of dry ferts long term.

i recommend black sand if you decide to go this route because not only does it function but it looks great against the green leaves and such. if you do decide you like it i cx recommend the use of a black background as it brings the colors out.

Im gonna put one but im waiting until I move the tank due that its in a spot where I cant fit in the back

mix it in with the black sand. 50% black sand 50% black seachem flourite sand. be sure to turn your filter off and let it settle. i would also remove the fish and use a biologically safe settling agent. once settled turn the filter on and after about a day add fish.

Back
Top Bottom