Few questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smarkalan83

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I have been told hundreds of different amount to feed my fish hopefully soon with knowledge can help.... I was feeding 2 cubes in am and 3 cubes at night with sow algae sheets hanging in tank... I ran my lights from 8am to 7pm and I had a huge ctinobactetia problem... Some people tell me I have too many fish but have Ben soon tanks a long time and it was always ok from what I saw... Can someone let mr know your input on amount to feed and how often an maybe how long w lights I have... 1 hippo tang 1 scopas tang 1 yellow tang 1 sailfin tang 2 perc clown 1 foxface rabbit 2 damsels 2 firefish 1 snake goby Thanks for any input...

.. Light more than 10 hours in tank should be more welcome :)

With feeding -
Mature fish 2-3 times a day
Youngish 3-4 times a day
But the most important - the food should be gone in a few minutes ;-)

I was feeding 2 cubes in am and 3 cubes at night with sow algae sheets hanging in tank...

Why u feeding ur fish at night time ?

Hello

I don't see any info about your tank, how big ? skimmer? sump? refugium? UV filter? wet/dry? filter-sock? light's/T5/MH/1000w?
or just don't know how to look up your tank info :)

Personally I tried to train my fishes to eat when I feed them :cool:
Don't know what would work for you but here is how I feed for the last 2 years. "The first 4-8 month was pretty much 3-5 times a day Grrr"

Frozen Mysid shrimp, thaw in RO water than rinsed in RO water, 1-2x a week, about 2-3 cube.
Frozen Bloodworm thaw in RO water than rinsed in RO water, 1x a week, about 2 cube.
Frozen Rotifers 3-4x a week, 2 cube.
Sea-algae dried, red, and green, 1-2x a week about 3"squer.
New Life Spectrum every day in the morning, 2-3 pinch.
Marine Chip's Flake every day as treat ;)
Various Kent Marine liquid food, Coral Vite, Zooplex, Phytoplex, Micro-Vert
1-3x a week 1/2-1/4 the does as recommended on the label.
TwoLittleFishies Marine Snow 1-3x a month.

This is for 17 fish, about 40-50 hermit, 30-40+ snail, 2 sand-sifter and 3 other Star Fish, 3 shrimp, and the corals.

Skimmer - off, Filter-sock - out when I fed liquid or frozen food, then goes back 2-3hr later.
Main pump off when feeding frozen or liquid food.
Wave makers - on.

UV filter - off // its broken :(

Also feeding with fresh home grown macro-algae from my refugium.

Ligh's 8x54W T5
Turn on at 7:30 - 2, than 2 more at 10:00 than 4 more at 12:00 than first 2 turn of at 19:00, the 2 more at 21:00 than the last 4 at 22:00
Sump light on 24x7, 26w CFL.

Total water 150G

Actual times were 9am and 5pm feeding times.... So I should leave light on for 10 hours?

lights on for 8 hours a day, not more than 10, especially with a cyano problem, less light is better, the coral will be fine if you have any

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom