Fiddler crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 29 gallon tank with 3 fiddler crabs, i dont have bracksih water but i do have long plants for the crabs to climb, and today in the morning i found one of them (which climed yesturday) upside down. i took it out thinking it was dead and it kind of moved the legs, i put it back in in top of a plant and its breathing. it looked dead to me but i guess not, what should i do is it dying, is it gonna die its not moving at all. i put it back in the water but should i just leave it on top?

It may have gotten stuck on its back for a while, and it may come around. They do alot better in brackish water, and I gave mine a tall castle to climb on, so they could stand on a solid surface out of the water. It may also be preparing to shed its shell, which can make it stiff and inactive.

Freshie In Disguise said:
It may have gotten stuck on its back for a while, and it may come around. They do alot better in brackish water, and I gave mine a tall castle to climb on, so they could stand on a solid surface out of the water. It may also be preparing to shed its shell, which can make it stiff and inactive.

should i leave it there i had it out for a while but put it back down but its not standing just floating is it gonna live?

You really should purchase some marine salt and a hydrometer and make the water brackish. It is not difficult to do, and they will live longer. How long have you had them?

probably about 1 month or so but i do have mollys, guppies and danios in there as well does it matter if i do aquarium brackish

Actually, I don't think those fish will do well in brackish. I've heard mollies can, but I don't know from experience. Not to scare you, but I've heard fiddlers live around a month in freshwater. However, sometimes they don't move a whole lot. I would consider leaving the tank light off to reduce stress for your little guy. If it's scared it might not want to move much. I wish I had more advice for you.

thats fine great advice, thanx!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom