fighting BBA again any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok my dosing setup has been around since three to four weeks ago, I upgraded my light to a current usa dual daylight 4x65w fixture which I only use 2x65w 8 1/2hrs per day with then using the others for about 30min before the 6500's go on. from there on its 2 moon lights all the way.
im dosing greg watson potassium sulfate 1/2 tsp and trace mix 1/4 tsp on mondays and thursdays. I found myself with 15 nitrates and 0.5 phosphates so after one week I did a pinch of potassium nitrate and a pinch of potassium phosphate. I left to las vegas and came back this monday after being gone for 2 weeks, most of my plants where floating do to a loach that likes to dig them up, diatoms all over and green spot all over the glass. I did a major water change straight out of my faucet and I keep dosing the same days the same amount. today I woke up alot of my plants with BBA. I dosed Flourish Excel four capfuls and I have a 75g tank which on the bottle it says to dose one capful for every 40g.

how do I battle this beast?
for newely post pictures of bad quality do to cheap old camera just to get an idea of what type of plants I have here is a link thanks alot and I appreciate all the help I can get.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=97921&highlight=

have you checked your gas? my bout with bba and greenspot ended up being a co2 issue, which Plantbrain diagnosed despite my swearing that it couldn't be so.

You do not need to dose inorganic ferts but perhaps once a week very very lightly and no water changes(top off for evaporation only unless you do a large cleaning/pruning etc) , Add some SAE's. Try Excel in the interm.

You need to do a non CO2 approach, not dose like the CO2 Excel folks.
Less light also will help.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Back
Top Bottom