Filling out schools.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And when i said the fully stocked thing i read the original and thought you were adding to that

Oh yeah bc they need groups and get like 4 inches.

And my bn pleco is a douche anyways. Always stealing food. Then karma hit and my shrimps started stealing food from her.
Keep food competition in mind when choosing bottomfeeders

Indeed, it can be hard finding bottom feeders for small tanks that are already quite stocked. Lotsof ghost shrimp are fun to watch and will clean up while still keeping the bioload down. Cherry shrimp are cuter, if you dont mind the betta picking off a few. Right now I wouldnt add another school of fish unless they were nano, but even so, that's a tight fit. It's always better to be understocked!

I just realized that pygmy cories might compete with the harlies for swimming space. Pygmies swim in the water column and HR scatter in all levels but stay in the middle mostly (for me).
I can only think of shrimp. Maybe moth/stone catfish? Im not familiar with them though.

Mr.Albiman said:
How about dainty Cories (Corydoras habrosus)

Yeah i think that's a type of pygmy. I dont know how that would work. Im hesitant to say it's good to add another school of fish, especially if they dont swim along the substrate like a "normal" cory would

Nano Community!

I have just had the best idea ever! A large community of mini fish! I'm going to rehome ALL the fish I have now, and stock it with a school of nano schoolers, 1 or 2 nano centrepiece fish and some nano bottom feeders. Any suggestions? :D

I'm thinking Mosquito Rasbora's and Pygmy Cories. What else guys? :)

Mr.Albiman said:
I have just had the best idea ever! A large community of mini fish! I'm going to rehome ALL the fish I have now, and stock it with a school of nano schoolers, 1 or 2 nano centrepiece fish and some nano bottom feeders. Any suggestions? :D

I'm thinking Mosquito Rasbora's and Pygmy Cories. What else guys? :)

Yes I think that's the best way to stock a 15g community, it gives you a bunch more options and variety in a tank.

Shrimp would be quite safe in there if you want some. I love shrimp, so i keep them in all my tanks.

Sparkling gouramis can be a centerpiece. Not sure what else.
Some male Endlers livebearers would fit and look awesome. I love them too.
And a dwarf gourami.

I think i prefer nano tanks to larger ones! I like the challenge of making a small tank appear larger, and it takes fewer plants/gravel to set it up :D

There are multiple nano threads on this forum, so try searching. Whatever would work in a 5g or 10g would be something you could consider!
The Planted Tank also has numerous threads on planted nanos.

Thank you i will:)
here are the options so far:

Schoolers
Ember Tetras, Mosquito Rasboras, Celestial Pearl Danios.

Centrepiece
Sparkling Gourami (1 male, 2 female), Betta.

Bottomfeeders
Dainty Cories, Pygmy Cories.

any other options? :)

The 1/2 gouramis with a betta is kinda asking for trouble imo ull have to decide between the 2

Oh yeah, thats what i meant :) i should have explained it better. I'm looking for one type of fish from each category (schoolers centrepiece and bottom feeders)

should've made that clearer. Sorry:D

I'd be swayed towards the betta more they r beautiful fish and very active if healthy... plus if u wanted to breed ur centerpiece ( i guessing u might due to the gourami ratio) betta r very easy...and imo Im against gouramis in my community tanks they r very susceptible to disease but that's only in my own experience

Breeding bettas is not easy, considering how the males must be separated into individual jars! But it is a possibility if youre up to the challenge.

Sparkling gouramis are a little shy so they need lots if plants to make them feel comfortable. I would choose a betta because i love them haha. They are more colorful and personable than sparklers. As well as super hardy. Make sure you have a heater! Bettas like it warm!

gabysapha said:
Breeding bettas is not easy, considering how the males must be separated into individual jars! But it is a possibility if youre up to the challenge.

Sparkling gouramis are a little shy so they need lots if plants to make them feel comfortable. I would choose a betta because i love them haha. They are more colorful and personable than sparklers. As well as super hardy. Make sure you have a heater! Bettas like it warm!

I guess it depends wut u think is easy.. I say that because betta pairing imo is a lot easier then any other fish except for obviously guppies mollies and other prolific breeders....the separating part really isn't that difficult though do u think when with other fish Uve gotta deal with things as far as temp changes back and forth or a tide substitute sometimes even water conditions and salinity

It's just pretty much hit or miss let him see her on and off if he builds a nest introduce em and ur set for the most part

Back
Top Bottom