filter floss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sisserydoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi Peeps,
Has anybody used regular filter floss in an HOB filter? I've stopped using carbon in my filters, and I thought filter floss would remove more particles than the preformed pads for the filters.
If you use it, do you just pack it in there? Do you put it in something? Have you had any filter problems while using it?
Thanks for your help :)

I use it in my ac110 on a 55 gallon. Foam on bottom, filter floss over that and ceramic rings on top. I've noticed the tank is more clear with it.

Filter Media

Hi Peeps,
Has anybody used regular filter floss in an HOB filter? I've stopped using carbon in my filters, and I thought filter floss would remove more particles than the preformed pads for the filters.
If you use it, do you just pack it in there? Do you put it in something? Have you had any filter problems while using it?
Thanks for your help :)

Hello Siss...

Poly fiber is tops on my list of filter media. The dense fiber will filter the smallest particles and keeps the water crystal clear. A company in Utah, HBH has the best poly fiber I've ever used. They have different types treated specifically to remove ammonia, phosphates, carbon fiber, and a general heavier duty, poly fiber. All work very well and comes in larger pads, you can cut to fit. HBH has very good pricing too.

B

Thanks for the responses :) I guess I will just put it in there and see how it works. I was afraid little pieces might clog up the filter, but I guess that is not a problem for anyone.

Back
Top Bottom