Filter for 55g freshwater..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I already have a filter that came with my 55g set up but want to upgrade. Is it better to have two filters or what would be the best filter for this? I like the hob type and plan on having a community with at least one angel. I also have a power head?? What do I do with this and should I use it and what exactly is it for?? Sorry to sound silly I am still getting the hang of all the different pieces of equipment:/

Your better to over filter then not have enough. So with that being said I would try and get something rated for 80-130 gallons. A lot of people here really like the aquaclear 110. It won't hurt anything to use both filters and a powerhead are used for water movement. It goes in the tank to add more flow.

The

Maybe just adding an aquaclear 70 to your existing filter is enough.

Filtrtion for a 55 G

I already have a filter that came with my 55g set up but want to upgrade. Is it better to have two filters or what would be the best filter for this? I like the hob type and plan on having a community with at least one angel. I also have a power head?? What do I do with this and should I use it and what exactly is it for?? Sorry to sound silly I am still getting the hang of all the different pieces of equipment:/

Hello h...

I run two Hagen AquaClear 50s in my 55 G tanks. Just have them positioned at opposite ends of the tank. Change half the water in the tank every week and you'll guarantee your fish have a stable environment.

B

I also run two AC50's on my 55. I prefer two filters on a 4 footer.

I use 2 AC110"s on a 75 gallon. One at each end. You can never overfilter, but you can create too much flow. Depends on what fish your keeping in it.

I agree! The more filtration the better.. I have an AC 110 and 2 AC 50s on my 50g tank with only one jack dempsy. They work great.

Just make sure that your fish aren't needing pushed around. The ac's are great because you can adjust them if it's to much for your fish. But the more filtration the better. Have you looked at canister filter at all? Work great!

Back
Top Bottom