Filter help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mashpotatoes74402

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I've got a 75 gallon freshwater.
My filter system is two magnum 350s.
Would it be possible to use the bio/chem setup
And the water polishing setup by sending the output from filter one Into the intake of filter two?

I think you'll run into an issue in timing trying to do that. I'm not an Expert but I heard it is near impossible to get them to work like that.

How about Selling one and replacing or use one in a sump set (strictly as a Pump) and the other standalone? Just spit balling here...

not sure of the gph of those magnums but here is a good link to a breakdown for a sump..

Understanding Sumps

I don't have a tank big enough yet to warrant one but on the next upgrade that is the plan for me.

I wanna try my odds at a small sump/Refugium type tank. How large of a tank should I have for a 75 gallon tank ?????

I wanna run a gravity feed to the sump then use the second magnum w/ water polisher to feed back into the tank .... My oscar eats any plants in the display tank. So I was gunna make the Refugium area all plants. Maybe some shrimp just to keep for feeders

Back
Top Bottom