Filter Issue (Possibly broken)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So we just had a power outage and one of my filters isn't going after power was returned. The outage was like for 5 seconds. The filter is a Marineland Penguin 150. The impeller won't spin and I don't know how to fix it. We have a second filter that with a little finagling works now. What should I do?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sometimes the magnet in the impeller gets "locked" when it is powered off. Build up from gunk around the impeller and shaft might cause this.
Try poking at the impeller with something slender such as a skewer or chopstick while the filter is plugged in. That usually frees it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So we just had a power outage and one of my filters isn't going after power was returned. The outage was like for 5 seconds. The filter is a Marineland Penguin 150. The impeller won't spin and I don't know how to fix it. We have a second filter that with a little finagling works now. What should I do?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As a matter of interest, do you clean the impeller, spindle and all parts around them at every filter clean. They get very gundged up and need cleaning regularly.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom