Filter media in your planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Colwell

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello fellow fish lovers! I was just curious what everyone is using in there filters for media in a planted tank. What is everyone loading up their canisters with and what order are you loading it in. I have a 306 and in the bottom I have the bio foam in the second I have a thin layer of quilt bedding then bio rings and the top I just pack in quilt bedding. I recently acquired a 205 and I'm wondering how I should set this one up. They will both be running in a 55 gal moderately planted community tank. The 205 will replace a hob filter a little overkill running two canisters on a 55 but oh well!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a 406 on my 29 gallon. I run course sponge, empty level, fine sponge, polyester stuffing with fine polyester pad on top, then biomax.

I have an marineland c-220 with coarse foam, 2 shelves of biomax, and filter floss.

I run 2 AC50 HOBs on a 20g long. One contains poly-fill fluff only and the other contains a sponge and 2 sets of ceramic media.

Back
Top Bottom