Filter overflow.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok guys I've had my tank set up for a while and my filter has never overflowed. But now it is just gushing water from the overflow part of my filter. I have the same amount of water in the tanks as I normally do. And like I said I've never experienced this problem before and I wanted to know if you guys had any suggestions. I have a aqua-tech 10-20 gallon power filter.

Have cleaned the gunk out of the filter in used tank water? When I had the overflow problem I could take the filter pad & squeeze a few times in used tank water & that'd help. However, I switched to sponge media as it lasted longer & didn't gunk up so fast as the filter pads the filters usually come with. I have since switched my 10g & smaller tanks to sponge filters & switched my 46g to a canister filter, my tanks look better & I'm much happier with them.

I'm guessing that you mean it's overflowing around the intake tube? usually this means your filter media needs a good rinse

shellieca said:
Have cleaned the gunk out of the filter in used tank water? When I had the overflow problem I could take the filter pad & squeeze a few times in used tank water & that'd help. However, I switched to sponge media as it lasted longer & didn't gunk up so fast as the filter pads the filters usually come with. I have since switched my 10g & smaller tanks to sponge filters & switched my 46g to a canister filter, my tanks look better & I'm much happier with them.

have to agree with shellieca's advice

Back
Top Bottom